Thursday 4 February 2010

Barburrito A Go-Go

Thanks to Richard from Like Father Like Daughter who pointed me to a recent article from the Manchester Evening News about Manc based Burrito chain Barburrito and their plans for expansion.

There’s a lot to love about Barburrito -  a great location for starters at the heart of Manchester’s redeveloped Piccadilly Gardens – and some cracking food.  I’m also grateful to them for making me realise that there’s an appetite for burritos outside of the M25, thus providing me with the inspiration to start this blog whilst eating there on a rainy November afternoon. 

 I’ll do a proper review of their food next time I’m up north, but what excites me about Barburrito is their ambitious expansion plans. They’ve already opened in a branch in Liverpool, and with stores to come in Leeds and Birmingham, alongside more branches in Manchester,  they could easily become the biggest UK burrito chain by mid 2010. I’ll do a proper review of their food next time I’m up north, but what excites me about Barburrito is their ambitious expansion plans. They’ve already opened in a branch in Liverpool, and with stores to come in Leeds and Birmingham, alongside more branches in Manchester,  they could easily become the biggest UK burrito chain by mid 2010. Exciting times indeed. 

Speaking of burrito chains, in yesterday's Times Online there was a quote from  Chipotle founder Steve Ellis in an article about spotting business opportunities. This is certainly the first time i've seen Chipotle mentioned in the UK press - is the PR starting to gear up for their April launch over here?

No comments:

Post a Comment